About the collection
In 1932 in Madrid, the International Telegraph Conference and the International Radiotelegraph Conference decided to combine the Telegraph and Radiotelegraph Conventions to form the single International Telecommunication Convention. At the same time, a new name was adopted to reflect the full range of ITU’s responsibilities: International Telecommunication Union. The new name came into effect on 1 January 1934.
Accompanying the change of name of the Union, the Journal télégraphique became the Journal des télécommunications on 1 January 1934.